Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I don’t know how to use these online spaces well. I’ve been struggling to keep up with my work and writing goals, and this space has suffered. I use it mostly to park things I look up while I’m writing—a place to store images/ideas/experiences.

I also struggle with the online writers community. I feel dull, precious and middle aged. My wit is undertuned and I ohave very little to say besides thank you or an expression of appreciation/agreement. Sometimes not even that since it feels syncophantic.

Think what I like about Miller, but he was at least willing to make choices. I’m mossy and shambling.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel undeserving - like a faker at a party that I crashed. Who am I to be a part of these communities when everyone else has 25,000 word WIPs and their own agents? - G

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a hard thing, to have to write. I wish those so afflicted courage and strength. I know it's past the time for questions, and yet they come. Living our way into the answers, as Rilke might say, is still the only thing for it. No matter how it seems, we're all we have. Anyone who does it for real knows how hard it is. Anyone who doesn't know how hard it is isn't for real. Gosh, I do like to sound clever - haha. Keep a watch for snipers. I, for one, am glad to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. You both put the finger on it.

    ReplyDelete